Seventy-nine acres of trees, gardens and conservatories, a must-see for any visitor, any time of year. Free tours of the garden at 11 am daily. Garden open 9 am-5 pm daily (open 7 am W and Sa). Admission $12 adults, free children 12 and under, fees for some special exhibits.
Highlights and Tips:
- As you leave the entrance building and head out into the garden, veer to the right and you'll soon encounter the geodesic-domed Climatron. There's a tropical forest inside.
- The William T. Kemper Center for Home Gardening features a plethora of demonstration gardens that will get your green thumb throbbing.
- Take the tour of the Tower Grove House, 19th century residence of garden founder Henry Shaw.
- Stroll through the exquisite Japanese Garden, one of the largest traditional Japanese gardens in North America.
- Take a spin through the garden's first-rate Garden Gate Shop for a well-curated selection of gifts, books and clothing.