This gorgeous 250-acre National Historic Landmark sits on peninsular Florida’s highest point and features Olmsted-designed landscaped gardens crowned with a majestic bell tower that plays music by the hour. Open daily and holidays. Admission $15 adults; $5 children.
Highlights and Tips:
- Edward Bok was a Pulitzer Prize winner and the editor of Ladies' Home Journal who created the gardens for the public near his winter home.
- The gardens are located about an hour from Orlando but are totally worth the drive.
- You can pair your trip with a morning at LEGOLAND.
- One of the top carilloneurs in the world plays from the bell tower in two live concerts at 1 pm and 3 pm daily.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Pinewood Estate, a 20-room Mediterranean mansion, is also worth a visit especially at Christmastime.