The southern part of the Upper East Side encompasses the East 60s and East 70s, from Fifth Avenue to the East River. Explore the best that this neighborhood, Lenox Hill, has to offer.
Lenox Hill’s restaurant scene is blooming. There’s a breadth of cuisine, from Barcelona-style tapas to American fare and cabaret shows to Michelin-star French cuisine.
- Boqueria, 1460 Second Ave., 212.343.2227
- Beach Cafe, 1326 Second Ave., 212.988.7299
- Daniel, 60 E. 65th St., 212.288.0033
The Upper East Side is all about glamour. Visit high fashion boutiques from emerging designers like Fivestory, as well as cool spots like Korean beauty shop Innisfree and couture hat atelier Suzane Couture.
- Fivestory,18 E. 69th St., 212.288.1338)
- Innisfree, 750 Lexington Ave., 212.702.8719
- Suzanne CoutureMillinery,136 E. 61st St., 212.593.3232
Though the area is not known for its wild nightlife, it does boast some cozy pubs with hearty fare, laid-back burger spots with Bloody Marys and a posh cigar and spirits bar.
- The Pony Bar, 1444 First Ave., 212.288.0090
- JG Melon, 1291 Third Ave., 212.744.0585
- Lexington Bar and Books, 1020 Lexington Ave., 212.717.3902
The art and museum scene shines in this neighborhood making it one of the best things to do on the Upper East Side—from famous art museums likeThe Frick Collection and The Met Breuer to a dynamic, historical space for unconventional art, The Park Avenue Armory.