The Silverado Ranch area is located at the south end of Vegas, anchored by the Silverton and South Point casinos. With a recent surge in home sales, this area has also seen an increase in businesses, especially Asian restaurants and beauty shops, sparing residents a drive out to Chinatown (and sparing them the traffic on I-15). After eating and shopping your way through Silverado Ranch, the nearby Play activities are genuinely one of a kind—even in Vegas!
There's strong Asian influence in the restaurants in this neighborhood, mainly due to the distance from Chinatown. Shang Mian offers two distinct specialty noodles, a thin noodle and a spinach noodle, available in several stir-fries and soups. Kogi brings an all-you-can-eat Korean barbecue option to the area, with additional seafood and hot pot options and add-ons to boot. Take your experience to the next level and make a reservation at Golden Pot, a gourmet hot pot experience with specialty meats, including Wagyu for a date night, family meal or a special occasion experience.
If you're keeping things a little more casual, check out Belly Bombz's classic and fusion wings, burgers and rice bowls with ten different house sauces. Big Jerk brings the Island Flavor to the neighborhood with a chill vibe and jerk chicken dishes galore at this walk-up counter (if you're feeling particularly fancy, try the fried or jerk-grilled lobster tails). Jam out to live weekend reggae while you wait for your food or snag a patio seat if the weather's nice.
- Shang Miàn, 9882 S. Maryland Pkwy., Ste. 100, 702.888.1378
- Kogi Korean BBQ & Seafood Hotpot, 1263 E. Silverado Ranch Blvd., 702.915.7988
- Golden Pot, 45 E. Silverado Ranch Blvd Ste. 105, 702.478.4044
- Belly Bombz, 467 E. Silverado Ranch Blvd Ste. 125, 702.487.6143
- Big Jerk, 430 E. Silverado Ranch Blvd., 702.427.5267
The bars in this neighborhood tend to be the kind where the dress code is "come as you are," and if you pop in more than a couple of times, you'll be considered a regular. Born And Raised has a local cult following, a great menu of bar food favorites (and some unique offerings) and an atmosphere perfect for watching the game. Remedy's Tavern is a great remedy for any long workday with a wonderful menu. Oasis bills itself as an upscale hookah lounge and features over 75 different hookah flavors and nine house mixes for those who like to smoke.
- Born And Raised, 10050 S. Eastern Ave., 702.476.1374
- Remedy's Tavern, 3265 St. Rose Pkwy., 702.982.3026
- Oasis Hookah Lounge, 467 E. Silverado Ranch Blvd., #130, 702.490.4642
Grab yourself a new outfit to hit the town in at Hottie World, a local boutique chain with its own line of sexy women's clothing and accessories. Swing by Jazzy Chick Beauty supply to complete your look with natural and organic beauty products, essential oils and makeup. They also offer an array of wigs and premium private label human hair extensions to change up your look completely. If staying in with the kids is more your style, look into Lovebug, with a large selection clothing and toys for infants and young children. They're also a great resource if you're looking for a baby shower gift.
- Hottie World, 9863 S. Eastern Ave. #D-1, 702.270.4352
- Lovebug Baby & Kids, 9500 S. Eastern Ave., Ste. 140, 702.367.2229
- Jazzy Chick Beauty Supply, 9850 S. Maryland Pkwy., Ste. 19, 702.909.0388
Head to Silverado Ranch Park for a family-friendly day outside, if the weather allows. This park has several sports fields, barbecue grills and a dog park to make a day of it. Or get up close and friendly with some more exotic creatures at the Lion Habitat Ranch. Be sure to say hi to Ozzie, the giraffe who loves to paint. Exotic cars more your style? Speed Vegas has a track with luxury cars to live out your speed-demon dreams for a day. They also have rally cars and monster trucks for their off-road area. Dig This also has a driving experience at this "adult sandbox," complete with excavators and bulldozers to tear it up. Guided lessons are provided before you get going on their challenging obstacle courses!
- Silverado Ranch Park, 9855 Gilespie St., 702.455.8200
- Lion Habitat Ranch, 382 Bruner Ave., 702.595.6666
- Speed Vegas, 14200 S. Las Vegas Blvd., 702.789.0568
- Dig This, 800 W. Roban Ave., 702.222.4344