The Berghoff is a rarity in America’s restaurant industry—100% family-owned and family-operated for more than 121 years. The Berghoff’s popularity through the decades is a tribute to its consistent dedication to quality, warmth, and whimsy. The menus remain relevant as longtime chefs Matt Reichel and Javier Avalos adapt and create to today’s palate. Gluten-free options and lighter German-inspired fare, along with longstanding favorites like creamed spinach and Bavarian pretzels keep customers old and new coming in. With almost every single dish made in-house, the commitment to freshness is uncompromising. Paired with the old-world charm of the landmark building, filled with Chicago mementos and artifacts, The Berghoff has something to delight everyone who visits.
Monday – Friday 11:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Saturday 11:30 a.m – 9:00 p.m.
- Masks must be worn upon entering the restaurant.
- Please only send one representative to get a table or seat at the host stand.
- No more than six people to a party at a table.
- No more than two people to a party to sit at the bar top.
- Reservations strongly encouraged, but not needed—Walk-ins welcome.
- Customers must remain seated - no congregating or standing.
- Digital *menus are available via QR code
- In compliance with the CDC recommendations and the City of Chicago, and for the safety of other patrons and our staff, we ask that if you or a member of your party is sick or has a fever, we ask that you do not enter the establishment.